Oct 2019: My room was really dirty and uncleaned when I moved in, and there is still mold in our apartment. It took my roommates and I four months to get a dryer because our‘s broke and maintenance told us their “Lowe’s credit card was maxed out which didn’t allow them to get the part”.The utilities are also incredibly expensive for a 4 person apartment. All in all save yourself the time and sign somewhere else. They’re nice in the office and they always try and do their job but I don’t have a clue when management and maintenance will get it together so their tenants aren’t left with multiple issues they cannot fix for ridiculous amounts of time. Review from Google Oct 2019: I've lived here for almost 3 years now. In those 3 years I've seen this place go in the gutter. Management is extremely unhelpful and occasionally will refuse to help. Maintenance doesn't do their job, on average it takes them 4 to 5 days to even come look at something. It took them well over a week to fix my hot water heater. The front desk are part-time students who do not know what is going on around the complex. They aren't helpful at all. The pool/hot tub is always broken and the club house/gym has be closed for at least 6 months. Overall, this place is extremely inconstant and overpriced. The amenities and price might sound like a deal, but don't let them fool you. Avoid this place at all cost. Review from Google Sep 2019: The office doesn’t do anything to help the residents.
The management’s work ethic is poor , VERY POOR.
Response time to anything whether it be a face-to-face, email or phone call interaction is almost non-existent. Review from Google Sep 2019: I really like it here! it has a great pool, the office always has different events and the maintenance is really great. I had an issue with the bathtub where it was peeling a lot and they came and fixed it as soon as possible and now it looks great! Review from Google Aug 2019: [Update]
Day4: After four cold days. I am finally revitalized by the hot water.
Day 3: I can feel the hypothermia kick in every evening. I'll have to bathe by the fire for warmth.
Day 2: No hot water. Review from Google Aug 2019: DO NOT LIVE HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE TO AND PLEASE READ. I have been here for about 10 days and they have yet to give us our kitchen sink. There is mold everywhere as well and the staff promised us our sink by the second day of my roommates and I living here. On top of this, we have gone to the office EVERY SINGLE DAY since we have moved in about the sink and other issues we have had and NO ONE has updated us on the issue at all and they keep asking us for our contact information and never call or email. They have also turned our water off without notice for hours at a time twice and we are still expected to pay the full amount of rent. The girl who lives above me told me she didn't even have a mattress until her 3rd or fourth day here and during move in there was trash everywhere such as broken bed frames, sink parts, and other large apartment items that had been removed and left on the ground for days. There are plenty of better places with better management around the area. Review from Google Aug 2019: My roommates and I lived here for 3 years. This place is not the best in the world, but it's definitely not the worst. Things consistently got better throughout our time living here.
The Edge is far away from the craziness of San Marcos (like Aquarena and Hopkins), so it's always quiet and peaceful. There's also a beautiful nature trail called Ringtail Ridge that you can access from the parking lot directly behind building 6.
-Front Office Staff
All of the current front office staff members are great, but I must give a huge shoutout to Jairo... he should be the face of The Edge! He's ALWAYS super friendly and helpful even when he's not on the clock. Any time I saw him around, he always asked how my day was going and if there was anything I needed help with. He never ended a single conversation without saying "have a great day". Jairo is directly responsible for much of the positive atmosphere at the Edge!
The Ranch Road bus route is easily the fastest and easiest bus route I rode at Texas State Review from Google Jul 2019: 7/28/19 UPDATE:
I moved out for the summer back in May and came back at the end of July to officially move out. No one has lived in the apartment for over 2 months and I come back and my shower has a leak leading my bathroom to be COVERED in mold. My friends and I had to quickly move out whatever belongings I had left and pay for an expensive last minute hotel. The next day I go into the office to talk to management and apparently they are not there on the weekends so I had to figure out this situation with a regular employee. I had refused to pay my final utility bill due to the disgusting mold but the guy told me I had to pay in order to move out. I literally just paid the bill so I could turn in the keys and get the hell out of there. I emailed the manager about the situation with the pictures attached of the bathroom and she didn't really seem to care nor apologize. I truly wish I could give this apartment a 0 star rating Review from Google Jul 2019: I had requested an early move in date when I took my tour back in April. One of the only reason I sighed a lease here was for the spot they told me I would have with early move in. Although now a few weeks before I should be moving in, they are telling me who ever did my tour failed to recorded my early move in request into their document. So now what? Im homeless or have to stay in a hotel for two weeks?? I can’t afford that. I should not be taking the down fall for the poor management. It was their job to keep documents of that exact info, not mine. This is just the beginning. Review from Google Jul 2019: Living here for the year has been quite interesting to say the least since the day I moved in. My roommates and I had to relocate units since our neighbors on the second floor busted a pipe and flooded our apartment. Unfortunately, my roommates got it the worst since their rooms/bathrooms were drenched. We were relocated to a temp unit and had been staying there since we did not hear from the former staff of the front office letting us know when to move back. When going back to check on our unit the men working on it would leave all the lights on racking up our electric bill and leaving behind baseboards, nails, and a a dryer they took apart. There have been several more issues I have encountered living here but Jairo from the front office has been extremely helpful the entire year. I honestly owe Jairo many many thank yous for the past year since has helped out tremendously and seen me in the office countless times Review from Google Jul 2019: Living here for the year has been quite interesting to say the least since the day I moved in. My roommates and I had to relocate units since our neighbors on the second floor busted a pipe and flooded our apartment. Unfortunately, my roommates got it the worst since their rooms/bathrooms were drenched. We were relocated to a temp unit and had been staying there since we did not hear from the former staff of the front office letting us know when to move back. When going back to check on our unit the men working on it would leave all the lights on racking up our electric bill and leaving behind baseboards, nails, and a a dryer they took apart. There have been several more issues I have encountered living here but Jairo from the front office has been extremely helpful the entire year. I honestly owe Jairo many many thank yous for the past year since has helped out tremendously and seen me in the office countless times Review from Google Jun 2019: The rates for monthly rent is much lower compared to other apartments in San Marcos and the staff is really nice. Although management can be slow at times, they always respond to your needs. Review from Google Jun 2019: This past spring semester was my first semester living at the edge and it was a good and bad experience. There was a huge issue with vacant apartments but luckily the new management has taken care of that. These apartments are a “you get what you payed for” type. They are very affordable which is great but obviously you will run into issues here and there but luckily maintenance is usually quick and on top of it. The residents/students that live here and also work for the front office are awesome especially Oscar, Jairo, and Marley. I run to them way before I even consider talking to management. They are always going out of their way and considering us residents way before management even gives us a second of their time. However, the new management that has taken over this past spring seems reliable and they seem to have a good idea/direction on how to better up this complex even more Review from Google Jun 2019: I've lived here for 2yrs now, 4x4 bedroom. Only issue I've ever had was a dishwasher that broke and didn't drain. Maintaince came to look at it within 2 days, they have more important stuff than a dishwasher so I didn't mind, when they looked at it they realized they couldn't repair it. Next week I had a brand new dishwasher. Outside of that I've only had small maintance issues which takes no more than 3 days to get done. The apartment complex is very nice and well kept, everyone here is very friendly and there's so many cute doggos! Most definitely the most dog friendly apartment complex I've ever been to. The staff is very friendly, specially Jairo, he needs to be like a manger or something because his customer service is unlike any other. The units themselves are nice, I pay less than a total of $600/month for my 4x4 and they are honestly way better than other places I've seen for the price Review from Google May 2019: Just like every college apartment, it wasn't luxury and wasn't like staying at 5 star hotel. However, the buildings are clean and have the features that were promised upon signing a lease. the maintenance staff was always very responsive to the couple of things I needed (which I never had any major issues) and the office staff was always very kind and attentive. Overall a great first apartment as I always felt safe and like I was in a sturdy home. Review from Google Apr 2019: Management and people living here are a nightmare. If you are the property owner reading this, please know your managers are turning down money for vacant apartments and not following up with calls, screwing up deals right and left, causing conflict. When you pay the taxes for the property and their salary, do know they are turning down revenue AND making everyone upset. THANKS KAITLYN & 'REGIONAL MGR AND APARTMENT LEASING AGENT REVIEWER. Seriously, give Oscar a raise for being able to actually try his best to get these dumb women to do actual work, find solutions, and go the distance. Oscar rocks, and the star I leave is for him, while those that are vacant represent the airheads turning down/ screwing over/ and keeping apartments empty! Review from Google Mar 2019: This place is absolutely horrible. Turn around now and don't even think about this place. I pay WAY more than I should to live here. It's disgusting and the maintenance is SO bad. The FIRST DAY we officially moved in, my friend flushed the toilet and a pipe exploded and our apartment flooded. WE'RE on the 3RD FLOOR. We called the emergency maintenance line ASAP and we were sweeping out the water waiting for someone to come. The maintenance didn't come until 45 MINUTES of the flooding so our apartment was just done by the time they arrived. It gets worse though. There's a door between two apartments where the water tank is to turn it off, there was NO DOOR HANDLE??? So luckily WE had a hammer to pry it open. The water stopped over an hour of flooding!! Amazing right!! Guess what though? more problems! A few days ago there was a leak coming from the ceiling in my roommates bathroom?? again we're on the 3RD FLOOR??? We put a work order not in once, but TWICE Review from Google Mar 2019: They just renovated and are under new management. The staff is awesome and so are the renovations. I would highly recommend stopping by. If you want other options, you can always contact me as well. Review from Google Mar 2019: PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO MOVE IN HERE.**
lived here for 3 school years and I would not recommend. If it wasn't for their cheap prices that I got when I first moved in, I would have moved out.
- move in day is literally the worst experience, they don't clean out the apartments before you move in and you're left to clean some strangers old mess from the lease before.
- They take forever to complete a maintenance order and leave the place a mess
- their renovations people literally left my place a mess when they were done with the kitchen and left my rr mirror a mess. they said they would come back and repaint it but never did.
- my roommate and I had to shower with exposed plumbing and wires hanging from the top of the shower for about a week and did not fix a whole in the bathroom for about 2-3 weeks.
- my other roommate had mold in her rr and all they did was paint over it because they just thought it was dirty which both reasons is disgusting Review from Google Feb 2019: My girlfriend and I have been living here for the last few months. We have chosen not to renew our lease here. If you have pretty low standards, this might be the place for you. Couches and chairs that come furnished are not comfortable or attractive, one of our chairs came with serious bite/claw marks from an animal. There also isn't much in the way of dressers in the bedrooms, they fit under the bed (which does save a lot of space), but they do not fit nearly all of my clothes. My girlfriend and I both shower in my bathroom (where the Hot/Cold knob for some reason works backwards?), because hers has the air conditioning unit installed above it and there is a drain pipe of some sorts that drips into the tub, and neither of us wants to shower in AC fluid (even if it is just condensation, still gross). Since moving in, the apartment has almost Review from Google Jan 2019: Only a few things are nice about this complex. The staff is friendly, the maintenance is responsive, and it's on the txstate bus route. The apartments themselves are dirty and falling apart. I've had to call in more service requests than I care to mention due to thinks repeatedly breaking down (dishwasher, garbage disposal, toilet, etc.). Do not be fooled by the "renovations" being made, I doubt it will change anything but the appearance. You could definitely live here if you had to, but I would keep looking. Review from Google Jan 2019: I lived in a 3 bedroom for a full year. The knob on my shower was missing when I moved in, placed multiple work orders to have it fixed and they never did anything. The place was gross and covered in glitter when I got there. When I moved out they accused me of taking the toilet handle and charged me $45 to clean up the glitter they left a year ago, but never contacted me about the charges until I woke up to a collections agency calling me today. Worst apartments I've ever lived in, especially under their new management. don't waste your time. Review from Google Sep 2018: Management and staff is super attentive and have fast responses to any of your questions or concerns. The complex is safe, clean, and quite. I’ve never had issues and I would definitely recommend for future incoming residents. Review from Google Sep 2018: Kayley is awesome and will do all that she can to help you! The Edge did a great job hiring her on and I know that if anybody has an issue, she will go above and beyond to make things right. She is very friendly and keeps a smile on her face. Keep it up! Review from Google Sep 2018: Honestly this place has its ups and downs but the reason I’m giving it 5 stars is because of the amazing customer service. There was one leasing agent in particular that was super helpful, nice and went out of her way to help. I believe her name was Kayley, she was awesome and very personable for sure! Review from Google